Yesterday my baby turned into a real-life toddler. After seeing how fast year one went by, I made a goal that I would savor every moment with her. And I am happy to report, I did just that. I have zero regrets. I have let everything go, but Maeva. (We could use a good deep-cleaning around here.) We really lived this year to the fullest and the best way to celebrate is with a big birthday bash. Yes, I am "one of those" I care about every detail & plan most of her party the year before. It's those details that make life special & memorable. Without celebrations life just wouldn't be... fun. Before you say, "Dumb! Maeva won't even remember that!" THINK AGAIN! She will remember thanks to my dad for capturing these precious moments.
This is some of my family & the birthday banner that sis in law Angi made, who made these for last year's party.
I'm new to the cake world, but when I saw this cake over a year ago I knew Maeva had to have it for her 2nd birthday. I was so nervous about it. I practiced it a few times before her birthday & was happy that the cake that turned out best was her actual birthday cake. It was a birthday miracle!
We ended the party in the pool. Maeva is very tricky in the pool. You can't take you eye off her for a second. She has jumped in several times this summer before I am even in the water.

9 comments:
I wish we could have been there. Looks like it was perfect! I agree on the details, it's important!
What a cute party, she's a lucky girl! Im the same way, when I throw a party I start planning months ahead, makes it more fun and special. Love the cake, how did you do it?
I can't believe how old she is!
So crazy!
And your cake is wonderful.
Happy Birthday Maeva! That cake is so super cute that you made. I am one of those moms too! The party turned out really cute. Good for you for no regrets for a year! That's amazing!
What a beautiful cake and party! She will love seeing those pictures when she's older. My mom did fancy stuff for my little birthday parties and I don't really remember it but I love looking back at the pics. She is such a cute little girl! Hope you guys are doing well :)
Oh how fun! Happy birthday Maeva! Looks great. That cake is awesome. We need to get our girls together-they'd have fun.
The cake turned out great! Happy birthday Maeva. :)
so so cute. and you're right, she'll remember those pictures. i can't believe she's two. she looks like she's grown up a ton.
Looks like soo much fun :) she is so stinkin cute!!!
Post a Comment