This little lady went to nursery today.
Probably one of the most elating days of her 18 months of life. For all of us.
I thought I might be a little sad & sentimental when she got to this stage. Maybe even shed a few tears at "how fast she is growing up" but I can honestly say, nothing but shouts of hooray over here!
Maeva has NEVER been easy at church. Even as an infant we had to wrestle with her. She wouldn't just drift off to sleep in our arms. She never did take a pacifier, so I never had that as option to calm her down when she would get upset. As soon as she became mobile church became a marathon. Workout clothes would have been more appropriate for me to wear than dresses.
So today we happily dropped her off in Nursery & she didn't look back. I wasn't even sure what to do with myself with 2 Maeva-less hours. I kept checking the door thinking they might bring her back for one reason or another, but no she did just fine & didn't even react (good or bad) when I picked her up after Church. Just another pro of going to Church. Hallelujah!

11 comments:
Congrats Maeva!! And to you too because church is sooo much better without the little ones distracting us.
Nursery time is the BEST! That's so nice Maeva did so well, Chloe had a hard time with it. But then they called me as Nursery leader and I did that for 5 years, I don't think they should call the moms of the kids in nursery as the leaders, they deserve a break. :)
Every new stage and milestone Max hits makes me happy and really sad that he is growing up so fast. But I am with you on this one, I can honestly say that the day he goes to nursery will be a wonderful day! Yeah for Maeva doing so well!
I always love reading your blog b/c Maeva and Bailey sound like they could be the best of friends! They are so much alike!
Don't you love that window on the nursery door. That is a big day. Congrats!
Yay! That's great that she did so good! I can't believe we've still never met her. Maeva and Crew need a play date!
She looks so REVerent. That is probably what she's teaching the other nursery-goers.
I was the same way when Kenzie went to nursery. I thought I would be so sad, but by the time she turned 18 months I was so ready for it. I still think it's so cute when I go to pick her up and she hands me her picture she colored that day. I love it!
Hurray! I remember feeling the exact same way when Bri went off. And now she cries because she doesn't want to leave. It's such a relief to know that they love it.
I definitely have a testimony of nursery :)
I'm glad she didn't look back! Eli is 2 and 1/2 and he still cries haha
Post a Comment