Riis is here, came a day before her due date just like her big sis.
6.6.12 3:04 pm
8 lbs 1 oz 20.5 inches long
I can't believe how much different this labor was for me compared to the first. I felt like I had never done it before.
I started having contractions 2 nights before she was born. On the second night (or early morning rather) they were getting quite intense, about 5 min apart & had been that way for about 3 hrs. We called Ryan's sister to come sleep at out house with Maeva so we could go. We got to the hospital around 6 am & by 9 am they sent us home :( I was 4 cm, but my contractions had slowed way down & they decided since I was going natural, I should just go home. I was so upset on the drive home. I was so tired & in pain & just ready for the baby to come. I decided when I got home I would take a shower & try to get some sleep since I hadn't slept for 2 nights now. Well as soon as I got in the shower the contractions started getting closer & much more intense. I stayed home & labored till about 1. I didn't want to get sent home again, so I waited till my contractions were like 2 min. apart. Before going back. The drive there was insane. I was transitioning in the car. Ryan was speeding, dodging traffic and trying to squeeze my hip to relieve the pain all while driving. When we got there, I had at least 5 more contractions beofre we got to our floor, one in the elevator that made us miss our floor. Finally we made it to the desk & luckily they got me in a room as quickly as possible. I was an 8 when they checked me & then I had her about an hour later.
Didn't quite have time to do my hair & make-up before labor :) Woopsy!

5 comments:
I've been waiting to hear your birth story! I love that picture of Maeva and Riis. It is so stinkin' cute. Congratultions you guys! :)
Who doesn't do their hair and makeup when they've been in labor for 24 hours? Kinda weird of you...luckily you look awesome. So glad she's here-can't wait to meet her and hear more details!
Im so happy for you that it all went well and she is here and healthy! How fun for you and your little family to have another girl, they're the best! She is beautiful and I love the pictures of her and Maeva on facebook, precious! Congrats Rhiannon and way to go!
Aww so sweet! Congrats! Im so glad she's here! She's darling. I can't believe your crazy story and that she was so big. U r awesome! Enjoy her.
Congratulations you guys!! You have such beautiful children! I hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment