Monday, March 9, 2009

a FREE show

I KNOW THIS IS SUPER LONG, BUT IT WILL TURN THAT FROWN UPSIDE DOWN, SO READ ON... YOU WON'T REGRET IT!  YOU'LL ONLY BE SORRY YOU MISSED IT.


So here we are on any regular Monday night, watching some sweet show on TV when all the sudden I can hear what sounded like a loud guitar .  I turn to Ryan & say, "Doesn't that sound loud?"  I swear the floors of our condo aren't that thin.  Then Ryan said, "I think it's coming from outside."  So of course at the same time we jump up & run to the door to look out the peep hole... sure enough there is a guy on stool, sitting at the (shut) door directly across from us.  Mind you, it's been snowing all day & can't be more than 25 degrees out there.  I died laughing & blurted out, "What is he doing!?!" At that time Ryan was checking out the peep hole & was sure that the want-to-be Howie Day heard me.  He then put his guitar in its case & ran down stairs & came back with his phone.  Now he was talking on the phone to someone,  it was a little muffled & I couldn't hold in my laughter, but we did hear him say, "Ok, I'll start over."  And then a girl comes & opens the door on her phone & says, "Ok, I'm hanging up now." Then 'Lil Romeo' said, "I wasn't sure how long I was going to have keep playing, but I wasn't going to leave."  She kept saying, "Ohhhh" & was crying (and freezing) as she stood in the doorway & listened to his sorry rendition of Collide.  I just laughed the entire time & then he pulled flowers out of who knows where & gave them to her.  She quickly rushed him inside & gave him a hug... the rest in history.  
Yes, I know it is unfortunate that we don't know our own neighbors, BUT I have formulated my own version of the story:
I think they were in a fight & he was trying to win her back.  Why else would you sit on the doorstep & play??? He finally had to call her so she would come see his "great" show.  Looks like his sweet skills won her heart back.  I'm sure as the door was shutting behind them she said, with tears rolling down her cheeks, "That is the reason I love you."  You hot hot stud! & then she ate his face off.   And they lived happily ever.  (Till the next fight of course.  After all, he only plays for her when he is about to lose her... thats what the fight was about in the first place.)  
OHHHHHH THE BEAUTY OF LIVING IN A CONDO COMPLEX!!!  Ya can't pay for that kind of entertainment.  We're only sorry we didn't open our door & start slow dancing :(

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha!!! That is so funny! That dude has watched one to many Hallmark movies!

Angi said...

CLASSIC!! I totally wish you would have gone out there and started dancing...or better yet...started "eating eachother's face"

Anna said...

ahahahahhahaha!! I was ready for you to say that he got down on one knee and proposed.
Cheese. Cheesey- ah but good for him. ;)

meyerstwins.blogspot.com said...

That is awesome! I can't believe that. I think you should have gotten out the video camera. Too funny. Can't wait to hear about the next fight.

Ryan and Jess said...

HA! That's hilarious! I only wish you had pulled out your video camera. You really should be a writer. :> Congratulations on the baby! I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl.

Heather said...

What an awesome story, Why didn't we get those at our old condo? Wouldn't that had been fun?

Burns Family said...

AMAZING!!!