
In all the annuls of time on earth there are accounts of amazing journeys. Some that stand out are these:
1 The great exodus of the Hebrews from Egypt into the wilderness, followed by 40 years of wandering and strife. Wherein, many of the original children of Isreal that escaped through the Red sea on dry ground never even saw the land of milk and honey, the promised land.
2 The trek of Paul who was Saul.
3 The migration of those nomad tribes that crossed over the frozen Bering Strait into what is now current day Alaska.
4 And lastly, the vast and tretcherous journey of the Mormon saints from Nauvoo Illinois to the Salt Lake valley.
Yet, of all of these immense undertakings there is a seemingly small journey that exists billions of times over, that relative to these others is far superior.
This is the journey of 23 chromosomes in search for it's "other half" of 23 chromosomes.
A single sperm is invisible to the human eye - and the journey it must take is comparable to a normal sized human swimming from Los Angeles to Hawaii!
I write about this journey only because Rhi and I have now successfully made this journey. The "fruit" of the journey will be arriving around September 14th!! If you have read this far, you are a trooper... not as much of a trooper as the sperm, but still pretty diligent.
tavis at nine months
9 years ago

17 comments:
WooHoo!!! It's about time you share your good news with all! Thomas can't wait to have another cousin to run around with.
Ryan all of your post's make me laugh!
YEAH! Congrats, Drew and I laughed so hard at your post!
Yipeeeee...So exciting this journey that never ends is!!! Congratulations to you and your cute growing family :) best of luck cute girl
this is all very...vivid.
what does a Kleinman know about swimming?
i think we'll move back now
Yay! Rhi, the Bella Band is $17 at Target. I like it, and it really does work pretty well. I can't wait until you start showing!
YAY! Congrats guys!!
Awesome! Congrats! And thank you... for that post unlike any I have heard from a couple announcing they are expecting. Ha ha.
Congratulations you guys! Thats awesome, I am so happy for you both.
Congrats you guys!! We are VERY excited!! And we LOVED the post about it! Good luck Rhiannon.
Congrats you two. Clever post!
yay!! thank you for that detailed post! I am guessing that was Ryan :-) you guys are awesome! and you're going to be great parents! I'm soooo excited for you!
You nailed it! The greatest journeys, that is. Glad I had to read your blog to hear the news...
That is so exciting!! Congratulations you guys! You will make such cute parents!
You are too funny! Congrats again!! We are stoked for you!
6,200 miles-
The distance the bar-tailed godwit bird flies nonstop from New Zealand to the Yellow Sea on its spring migration.
Nothing is impossible right?!?
I'm very happy for you guys! Have to confess, I did get a sneak peak of your news. I saw Shel-dawg in the celestial room at Mt.Timp the day you announced your news to your fam... she couldn't contain it :)
Three cheers!
Got to love a good sperm!!!! Congrats you guys
Post a Comment