Maeva locked herself in her room yesterday. She likes to play this game where she tells me goodbye then goes in her room & shuts the door then knocks when she is ready for me to open it. Well this time it was locked. I had no idea she could lock the door. She was knocking & started crying a little bit when she realized I couldn't open it. I couldn't pop the lock with with a skewer stick (the only thing I could find at the time) so I took the handle off. By this time Maeva was getting tired of waiting for me, so she went to work destroying her room. I couldn't figure out how to get the door unlocked with the handle off, so I called me dad to ask him what I should do & he told me to email him a picture of what it looked like so he could tell me how to open it. Shortly after I took this picture I got the door open. And this is what I found.
She doesn't look too sad about being locked in her room or even happy to see me. I think she decided she liked being locked in there where there was no nagging mom telling her, "No, no Maeva. You'll get hurt."
She opened her closet, her drawers & started pulling clothes out.
I decided I better switch the lock on the other side of the door, so this doesn't happen again & now Maeva tries to open it with the skewer. :) She keeps me busy.

7 comments:
Haha, that's hilarious. I'm sure it wasn't at the time, though. What a smart little girl! ;)
Man oh man that girl! She's one wily cookie.
Aw I recognize that lock! We had the same one our bathroom door in Texas and we got locked out many times. We had a special tool that opened it. I love her room, it's so cute!
that is fun and scary all wrapped into one little ball of joy. what will it be like at 13?
Yeah, she definitely keeps you on your toes. What a great story...thanks for posting!
Ha! So funny!
i love maeva
Post a Comment