I have not written a post in a while. But i feel really strongly about talking about something that is very important to me and is proving to be critical in staving off the enormous amount of pain that i have been witnessing lately. It seems like almost EVERYONE i know is feeling or has felt pain that is DIRECTLY connected to their righteous/unrighteous choices. This knifing pain is different than that of the twinges of guilt that i would feel as a teenager because of a stupid choice, I see life shattering pain that so many people that i love and care for have to endure because of agency weaknesses. I am sick of worrying about being "P.C." I want to talk about my faith and God and Christ and sin and consequence for sin without worrying so much about being socially taboo. The use of tact, certainly still applies. I don't think that when people GENUINELY think about their existence seriously they think that God is a foolish option for help. But the amount of time spent pondering that stuff is almost non-existent now. Anyway, I am Mormon. I am very thankful and proud to be so. I don't and won't hide that. I am not a shining example of one or anything, i have plenty of un-Mormon flaws. But i know to whom i must turn for REAL, TRUE, help. Jesus, the Son of God and God himself! I know that most of the heartache that i witness is due to a withdrawal from God. What makes us so afraid to talk about the remedies of the problems that we so openly share. Our problems are dreaded over, consuming energy and time untold. but still we search for God in godless places. It seems like i sometimes try to think of every alternative answer to fixing a problem, and will go to great sophisticated lengths to discover "hidden," secrets of life while forgetting that God is so close, and waiting to answer. Lasting joy is not found in the false gods of Buddha, drugs, a new mistress, a motorcycle, a big house, peer respect, education alone, and especially pride. again, i know that i am not a perfect example, but i cry a lot thinking about peoples pain, and especially that pain that is expressed to ME, and just hope and pray that they will turn to God, only because i know that his arms are stretched out and waiting to heal them.
tavis at nine months
9 years ago

2 comments:
speaking of "un-mormon flaws" you mentioned "wives" in your blog. you trying to prepare us for something? ;)
now in serious mode: I really like this post. For the moment I'm just going to think about what you said...
Thanks Rhiannon. It's really refreshing to have someone talk about their beliefs and not be ashamed of them. And I think you are a great example! It was fun to be with you at the wedding and the shower!
Post a Comment